- 1 globe eggplant (about 8 ounces and 9-10 inches long)
- 1 tablespoon salt (for drawing water out of eggplant)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (for brushing eggplant before roasting)
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning (dried, for sprinkling on eggplant before roasting)
- 10 basil leaves (large, cut in chiffonade strips, optional)
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup mozzarella (finely grated low-fat, blend)
- hot red pepper flakes (for sprinkling finished pizza, optional)
- 3 teaspoons virgin olive oil (extra-)
- 3 large garlic cloves (very finely chopped)
- 14 1/2 ounces petite diced tomatoes (good quality, with liquid, or use 2 cups peeled and diced fresh tomatoes)
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning (dried, blend)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano (use Greek or Turkish oregano)
PER SERVING *
|Calories180Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Brenda Senton 16 hours ago
It was absolutely easy to make and delicious! I fried up some sausage and added to the sauce, gave it a nice flavor!
Hi Julie 5 days ago
Very yummy, I added 1/3 cup of ricotta and an egg to the cheese mix (simply cause I had some I needed to use up) and even leftover it was fab!
Tenjamin S. 14 days ago
My girlfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed this. I had a smaller eggplant which was enough for us but next time I’m getting the larger one for leftovers
Erika Simon 18 Jul
Very simple but tasty recipe. I've added gouda cheese to the tomato base and served it the finished dish with garlic bread. I also added onions to the 1st step (butter and garlic base) Overall it was nice and delicious.
Chelsea B. 13 Jul
Delicious! We added panko bread crumbs on top of some of them before we broiled and it made it even better! We would have used italian bread crumbs if we had them.
Doctor 6 Jul
it took a lot of time for the amount it produced for a large size of people (5 people). it was very tasty, we added extra cheese which made it very delicious.
Angelina Barone 6 Jul
Amazing. I would definitely make again.
Dedea 15 Jun
easy to make and good !
Kalpin 12 Jun
Very easy to make, but takes a while. Made it with my daughter. Used reduced fat cheese. Sauce is very flavorful! Eggplant, as always, has a very mild flavor, so Sauce and cheese are the stronger flavors. Will make again.
Dorsey 8 Jun
Delicious and relatively easy to make
leyla 5 Jun
so delicious!! this was a great dinner, me and my mother made it together and we thoroughly enjoyed it!
Pinalez 4 Jun
I habent had eggplant in a long time. But this was excellent!! I will make this again!
Kerri Hall 31 May
Yummy. More garlic. Use leftover veggies : onion, jalapeño
Haggin 28 May
It was absolutely delicious! I have made it twice now and will be making it again. I added pepperoni.
Marcia F. 23 May
Another great recipe!! I followed it to a T. Highly recommended!!
Jony Dooi 22 May
This is an amazing recipe for people who don't eat meat. My family loved these. I would definitely make them again. I didn't have the parmesan, but they came out ok.
Tina R. 6 May
Great! Loved it and will definitely make it again 👍
Renee 30 Apr
These turned so good. Husband and toddler approved! I added deli ham to their's. Will definitely be making these again!!
Karla Gutiérrez 25 Apr
very delicious, I love it !!!!😋
Melissa J. 24 Apr
It turned out great! My little girl.enjoyed them as well. It helps when you can find healthy eating options when dealing with type 2 diabetes.
אפיק שמע 23 Apr
verry good. not for a full meal, but a tasty side dish
JoeCharlene PinkDufresne 20 Apr
very easy, and delicious!
Char 15 Apr
Delicious, and easy to make!
Amal A. 7 Mar
Amazing! I love it and i dont feel guilty when i eat it
Freya 15 Aug 2017
Easy and tasty - will try again!
Melanie B. 15 Aug 2017
So good! I think I'd add some precooked chicken on top as a "pizza topping" next time. But it was absolutely delightful.
Ankh Kokopelli 26 Jul 2017
Really easy and tasty recipe!
Lis Kanzler 30 Jun 2017
It turned out delicious !!! The key to this is really the cheese :)
Ana Lopez 26 Jun 2017
me encanta la receta .
Peter G. 5 Jun 2016
This was delicious! My wife and I loved it! Next time I'm doubling the recipe. Don't skip on the basil or hot pepper flakes!