If you want to surprise your loved ones with a mouthwatering breakfast this weekend, then try this recipe for Julemorgenboiler, or Breakfast Buns. These sweet and savory treats combine the richness of chocolate chips with a hearty dough. They only take 15 minutes in the oven and and are best served warm with butter. Why not pick up the ingredients this week and surprise your family with a hearty breakfast this weekend.
- 75 grams melted butter
- 3 deciliters whole milk
- 25 grams fresh yeast
- 50 grams chocolate chips
- 7 deciliters flour
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- In a bowl, dilute the yeast in the milk.
- Add yeast, chocolate chips, flour, cardamom, sugar, and salt. Knead the mixture in food processor for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Form 12 balls, place them on baking tray lined with parchment paper, cover with a damp cloth, and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F or 350F with a fan.
- Brush the dough balls with an egg diluted with milk.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.