- 8 chicken thighs (skinless boneless, cut into large pieces)
- 3 tablespoons Flora Cuisine
- 1 onion (large, halved and sliced)
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 3 cold water
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
- 1 yellow pepper (sliced)
- 100 grams okra (halved)
- 1 bunch coriander (roughly chopped, to serve)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 400 grams plum tomatoes (cans)
- 3 centimeters fresh root ginger (piece, peeled)
- 600 milliliters boiling water
- 1 Scotch bonnet chilli (deseeded)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tbsps Flora cuisine in a large, deep frying pan over a high heat. Add in chicken and fry for 5 minutes, until lightly browned on all sides. Lift the chicken pieces out of the pan onto a plate.
- Add remaining Flora Cuisine to the frying pan and heat through. Fry the onion slices, stirring, until softened but without browning.
- Meanwhile, make the ginger and chilli base. In a food processor, blend together the garlic, tomatoes, ginger and chilli until smooth.
|Calories1430Calories from Fat650|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat650|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Sanjida Y. 4 days ago
Tasted great! Not as spicy as I would have imagined but perfect for my family. I didn't actually use okra just because I didn't want to use it for this recipe, and I will admit I used this recipe alongside another one but regardless the rice tasted great. Would love to make it again!