Jimmy and Jack Empanadas with Sweet Maple Apple Ginger SyrupJIMMY DEAN
Jimmy and Jack Empanadas with Sweet Maple Apple Ginger Syrup
Warm empanadas filled with savory Jimmy Dean® Original Sausage Crumbles and drizzled with a sweet homemade apple ginger syrup make for a flavorful start to the day.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine maple syrup, apple juice concentrate, ginger preserves and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Cook and stir over MEDIUM heat until mixture just comes to a boil and sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
- Beat 8 eggs and milk and salt and pepper to taste in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Melt butter in large non-stick skillet over MEDIUM-LOW heat. Add eggs; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or just until set. Stir in sausage and green onion cook 2-3 minutes or until sausage is hot. Stir in cheese; remove from heat.
- Press or roll out each biscuit on lightly floured surface to 6-inch circle. Spoon about ½ cup sausage mixture onto center of each biscuit. Beat remaining egg with water; brush onto edges of biscuits. Fold in half; press edges together with fork to seal.
- Place on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Brush tops with remaining egg wash. Bake for 14-17 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with syrup.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories200Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.