This sweet and spicy salad is easy to prepare. Serve with Chipotle-Lime Marinated Grilled Pork Chopsand Pinto Beans with Bacon.
- 1 jicama (medium, about 12 ounces, peeled and cut into jullienne sticks)
- 2 navel oranges (peeled, halved and sliced)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- In shallow bowl arrange jicama and orange pieces. Stir together remaining ingredients, except cilantro leaves, in a small bowl; stir to dissolve sugar and spices. Drizzle dressing over orange mixture; garnish with cilantro leaves and serve.