Cookies tend to be sweet treats. These Jerusalem Savory Cookies with Tahini and Parsley Sauce are just the opposite. They are savory and aromatic. Are they cookies or biscuits? Either way, they are divine. If you want to make something that everyone will enjoy and will show off your culinary skills, then this is the perfect recipe. We know you will love making and eating these sweet and savory treats.
- 500 grams flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry active yeast (instant)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds (toasted and ground)
- 100 milliliters olive oil
- 100 grams butter (cubed and room temperature)
- 100 milliliters water
- 1 egg (beaten)
- sesame seeds
- 30 grams parsley (stems and leaves, diced)
- 1 garlic clove (diced)
- 25 grams tahini
- 125 grams greek yogurt (unflavored)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Sift together the flour, salt, sugar, yeast, and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Whisk in the cumin and fennel.
- Make a well in the middle and pour in the oil and butter.
- Start kneading the dough adding water little by little until you get a firm dough that is no longer sticky.
- Knead a few more minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Divide the dough into 25- to 30-gram sections.
- Knead each section for a few seconds and then roll it out into a 12-centimeter-long sausage shape.
- Make a circle with the sausage, pinching the ends together.
- Add the dough to the baking tray and repeat with all other dough sections, leaving at least 2 centimeters between each cookie.
- Baste the top of each cookie with the beaten egg and sprinkle on some sesame seeds.
- Bake 20 minutes until golden and firm to the touch.
- For the sauce, add the parsley, garlic, tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, and salt into a blender and blend until smooth. If the sauce is too thick, add water little by little until reaching your desired consistency.
PER SERVING *
|Calories270Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.