Jerk Pork Tenderloin with Black Beans and Pineapple & Cucumber SalsaPORK
Don't let this recipe's length fool you. Especially if the Pineapple & Cucumber Salsa is made the day ahead, this flavorful tenderloin is very easy to fix. Serve with warm tortillas and hot rice.
- 1 Tbsp. dried minced onion
- 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. thyme (crushed)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
- 30 oz. black beans (2 cans, rinsed and drained)
- 1 red onion (small, chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- vegetable oil (as needed)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- salt (to taste)
- 8 flour tortillas (6-inch, warmed)
- 20 oz. pineapple tidbits (1 can, drained)
- 1 cucumber (small, peeled, seeded and diced)
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 jalapeno chile (diced and seeded**)
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper (coarsely ground)
- 4 Tbsp. cilantro (finely chopped)
- JERK SEASONING: Mix together dried minced onion, onion powder, crushed thyme, 1 tsp salt, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, 1 tsp black pepper, and 1/2 tsp cayenne. Makes enough to coat one whole pork tenderloin.
- PORK TENDERLOIN: Rub tenderloin with Jerk Seasoning. Place whole tenderloin in shallow roasting pan and roast in a 450 degree F. oven for 20-27 minutes, until internal temperature reads 145 degrees F. on a meat thermometer. Remove and let rest 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
- In large bowl, toss together beans, red onion, chili powder and cumin. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat, film with a little oil and stir-fry bean mixture until heated through, about 3-4 minutes. Toss bean mixture with 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, lime juice and salt to taste.
- PINEAPPLE & CUCUMBER SALSA: In medium bowl, stir together pineapple tidbits, cucumber, rice vinegar, olive oil, 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, jalapeno pepper (**use rubber gloves when handling pepper**), 1 tbs black pepper, and 4 tbs cilantro. Cover and let rest at room temperature for an hour to let flavors blend. Refrigerate for longer storage; bring to room temperature before serving. Makes 3 cups.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories870Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes