Complement these juicy chops with fresh green beans, corn bread sticks or sweet pineapple chunks sprinkled with shredded coconut.
- 24 ounces New York pork chops (top loin, about 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine all seasonings and oil in a small bowl; mix to blend. Spread paste mixture on both sides of each pork chop. Place pork chops in a self-sealing plastic bag or baking dish and cover. Chill for several hours or overnight in refrigerator.
- Place chops on rack in broiler pan; broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, until brown and chops reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.