Jerk ChickenLa Cocina de Babel
Hailing from the Caribbean island of Jamaica, this jerk chicken is just the right amount of spicy and sweet. Marinated overnight with a spicy tomato based marinade, this jerk chicken is packed with flavor and beautifully tender. Slowly baked to perfection, this jerk chicken is ready in 45 minutes. Serve alongside rice or freshly grilled vegetables for a dinner that will have you savoring the unique flavors of the Caribbean.
- 4 red chili peppers (seeded)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 3 garlic cloves (diced)
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 onions (diced)
- 2 cans roma tomatoes
- 1/2 lime (juiced)
- 80 milliliters vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken (split fryers, thigh and leg attached)
- 1Add everything but the chicken into a food processor and blend together.
- 2Puncture the thighs in multiple places and pour the sauce over them massaging to make sure it gets completely absorbed. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3The next day, preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- 4Grease a baking dish and lay the chicken skin-side down in the dish. Pour a little of the marinade over each chicken piece.
- 5Bake for 45 minutes flipping the chicken halfway through cooking.