If your sweet tooth is calling and you want to answer it with a delicious and decadent dessert that is out of this world, then this recipe for Jelly Roll with Cream is the treat you have been searching for. This dessert will melt in your mouth and leave you guests wanting more. This dessert is best served with a tall glass of ice cold milk. You will fall head over heals for this one.
- 4 eggs
- 100 grams sugar
- 100 grams flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 500 grams heavy cream
- 100 grams coating chocolate
- 30 grams butter
- Beat eggs and sugar until they reach a mousse-like consistency.
- Gradually stir in sifted flour and cocoa powder.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- Put the batter in a jelly roll pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, so that edges do not brown or dry out.
- Place a piece of parchment paper over cake and carefully invert cake onto fresh parchment paper.
- Remove and discard the old paper.
- Carefully roll cake into a cylinder.
- Let cake cool completely with seam side down.
- When cake is cool, unroll and spread with cream.
- Roll up again.
- Melt chocolate and butter together and stir until smooth and pour over cake roll.
- Decorate with sprinkles.