Jødekager and Sukkerkager (Danish shortbread cookies)On dine chez Nanou
This traditional recipe for Danish Shortbread Cookies will be one you want to keep on file. It is rich and buttery. This recipe takes 70 minutes to prepare these sweet and crunchy cookies. This cookie recipe combinesthe richness of butter with the saltiness of nuts to create a confectionary celebration. If you have to bring something to a holiday party or a office pot luck, then these are perfect. Enjoy!
- 250 grams flour
- 95 sugar (gramsconfectioner's)
- 190 grams butter (cold, cut into small pieces)
- 1/2 eggs
- 1 egg yolks
- coarse sugar (crystals)
- 1 eggs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 egg whites
- confectioners sugar
- chopped hazelnuts (or pistachios)
- 1Prepare the dough. Mix flour, confectioner's sugar, butter and egg, using fingertips until smooth.
- 2Form 2 strands of dough 4 to 5 cm in diameter.
- 3Coat one of them in the beaten egg yolk and the coarse sugar.
- 4Wrap them in plastic and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- 5Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- 6Slice the first roll to make cookies 0.5 cm thick.
- 7Arrange them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 8In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon.
- 9Brush cookies with the beaten egg and sprinkle with the cinnamon/sugar mix.
- 10Bake for 6-8 minutes.
- 11Let it cool on a wire rack.
- 12Slice the other roll to make cookies of 0.5 cm thick.
- 13Arrange them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 14Bake for about 6 to 8 minutes.
- 15Let cool on a wire rack.
- 16Prepare the frosting. Beat the egg white and gradually add the sugar until creamy and thick.
- 17Glaze the cookies with the frosting, and inmediatly sprinkle with chopped pistachios or hazlenuts.
- 18Let them set for 1 hour.
PER SERVING *
|Calories900Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.