Unique and flavorful, this recipe for Jasmine and Peach Pie is like no other peach pie. The crust for this pie is made from a blend of coconut, corn, and wheat flours. This cake uses sunflower instead of butter for the pastry. The filling is made from caramelized peaches and jasmine flower for a fresh peach flavor that is only enhanced by the unique flavor of jasmine. Prepare the pastry dough beforehand as it needs to be refrigerated for at least 30 minutes.
- 130 grams flour
- 25 grams cornflour
- 40 grams coconut flour
- 60 grams powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 35 grams sunflower oil
- 1 lemon
- 300 grams peaches (canned)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- jasmine flowers
- peach syrup (or water)
- Combine the three types of flour with the powdered sugar, the grated lemon peel, a pinch of salt, and the oil, and knead the ingredients together.
- Add the egg and knead until the dough is soft and elastic.
- Cover the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for approximately 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, slice the canned peaches and place them in a pan with the sugar and a handful of jasmine flowers, washed with care.
- Caramelize for approximately 10 minutes, adding some of the peach juice or water if needed.
- When the syrup has caramelized, turn off the heat and cool slightly.
- Divide the dough into two parts, one larger than the other, and roll out the larger piece.
- Place the pie crust in a wax paper-lined deep pie plate.
- Add the peaches, then roll out the smaller piece of dough and cover the pie.
- Seal the pie edge all around using your fingers or a fork.
- Make 4 incisions in the pie crust for the steam, brush the crust with some oil and add a sprinkling of granulated sugar.
- Bake at 180C for approximately 45 minutes.
- Remove the pie from the oven and cool completely.
PER SERVING *
|Calories430Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.