Jasmine and Peach PieLe ricette di Micol
Unique and flavorful, this recipe for Jasmine and Peach Pie is like no other peach pie. The crust for this pie is made from a blend of coconut, corn, and wheat flours. This cake uses sunflower instead of butter for the pastry. The filling is made from caramelized peaches and jasmine flower for a fresh peach flavor that is only enhanced by the unique flavor of jasmine. Prepare the pastry dough beforehand as it needs to be refrigerated for at least 30 minutes.
- 130 grams flour
- 25 grams corn flour
- 40 grams coconut flour
- 60 grams powdered sugar
- 1 eggs
- 35 grams sunflower oil
- 1 lemon
- 300 grams peaches (canned)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- jasmine flowers
- peach syrup (or water)
- 1Combine the three types of flour with the powdered sugar, the grated lemon peel, a pinch of salt, and the oil, and knead the ingredients together.
- 2Add the egg and knead until the dough is soft and elastic.
- 3Cover the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for approximately 30 minutes.
- 4In the meantime, slice the canned peaches and place them in a pan with the sugar and a handful of jasmine flowers, washed with care.
- 5Caramelize for approximately 10 minutes, adding some of the peach juice or water if needed.
- 6When the syrup has caramelized, turn off the heat and cool slightly.
- 7Divide the dough into two parts, one larger than the other, and roll out the larger piece.
- 8Place the pie crust in a wax paper-lined deep pie plate.
- 9Add the peaches, then roll out the smaller piece of dough and cover the pie.
- 10Seal the pie edge all around using your fingers or a fork.
- 11Make 4 incisions in the pie crust for the steam, brush the crust with some oil and add a sprinkling of granulated sugar.
- 12Bake at 180C for approximately 45 minutes.
- 13Remove the pie from the oven and cool completely.
PER SERVING *
|Calories430Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.