- 2/3 cup rice wine (saké)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 onion (finely diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 12 lamb chops
- 2 pounds potatoes (peeled and cut into thin slices)
- 1 2/3 cups whipping cream
- 1 red chili pepper (small, seeded and chopped)
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 bunch mint leaves (chopped, reserving a few sprigs, for garnish)
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- lemon wedges (for garnish)
- For the marinade, heat the rice wine in a small saucepan. Cool slightly then add the soy sauce. Meanwhile, process the onions and garlic in a small food processor to a paste. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the rice wine mixture. Add the lamb chops and toss to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Mix the cream and chili pepper in a medium bowl and season. Arrange the potato slices in a baking dish so that they are overlapping. Cover with the chili cream. Bake about 40 mins until potatoes are tender. About 30 mins into the cooking time, check that the potatoes are not burning, and cover with foil.
- Mix vinegar and 1/2 of the chopped mint in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in 2 tbsp of the oil. Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Heat remaining 2 tbsp oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Cook the chops in batches for 3-5 mins, or until cooked to desired doneness. Season to taste. Serve lamb chops with mint sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining chopped mint. Garnish with lemon wedges and mint sprigs. Serve with the potato on the side.
|Calories1260Calories from Fat720|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat720|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.