Jamie Oliver’s Roasted PotatoesL'Antro dell'Alchimista
What makes this version of roasted potatoes a standout is the grated clementine zest that's sprinkled over the potatoes about halfway through cooking, along with shaved butter curls and a mixture of oil, garlic powder, and rosemary. But there's also the unusual step of crushing the potatoes before doing this, to increase the surface area--all the better to soak up those flavors. Boiling the potatoes before roasting makes them even fluffier.
- 500 grams potatoes
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- fresh rosemary
- red wine vinegar
- 1 clementines
- 1Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- 2Place the potatoes in a pot filled with salted water. Bring to a boil and cook for approximately 7 minutes. Drain the potatoes and allow them to cool.
- 3Lightly coat a baking dish with oil and add the potatoes. Drizzle them with oil, season with salt and pepper, and stir.
- 4Roast the potatoes in the oven for 30 minutes.
- 5Use a potato masher and mash each potato lightly increasing the surface area (the larger the surface area, the crunchier the potato).
- 6In a bowl, combine the remaining oil with the a pinch each of garlic powder and rosemary and a splash of red vinegar. Drizzle this on the potatoes and add the clementine zest and some butter curls.
- 7Bake for an additional 30 minutes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories280Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.