- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 pound skinless boneless chicken breast (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1/4 pound skinless boneless chicken thighs (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (freshly)
- 1 cup smoked turkey sausage (chopped, about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice (uncooked)
- 2 3/4 cups fat free less sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1/4 pound large shrimp (peeled, deveined, and chopped)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (thinly)
|Calories290Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Rachel 17 Nov 2018
Was good but I would add more tomatoes and less paprika next time!
Courtni Wiggins 16 Nov 2018
It has a good flavor. It took a little longer than expected to cook but it was worth it. Added a little extra seasoning
Sanchez 18 Oct 2018
Really simple and delicious. I increased the shrimp and sausage because we wanted a higher protein to carb ratio. But kept the amount of rice and liquid the same. It came out great.
Teresa 18 Mar 2018
Wonderful recipe! I will definitely make this again!
Anthony Perri 11 Dec 2017
Wonderful! Added Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco.
Allison A. 15 Jan 2017
it was delicious! skipped the chicken and just did sausage and shrimp. Will keep this recipe for sure! :)
Christen M. 14 Jul 2016
Awesome!!! Followed to the T next time will make with just chicken thighs. Took a bit longer than stated, but was very tasty