- 1 green pepper (seeded and cut into strips)
- 250 grams celery (sliced)
- 1 onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and finely chopped)
- 3 slices cooked ham (cubed)
- 16 prawns (headless, shell on)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken (drumstickss)
- 2 chicken fillets (cut into cubes)
- 20 grams butter
- 300 grams long grain rice
- 1.5 liters chicken stock
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the ham briefly until crispy. Remove from the pan and brown the drumsticks in the hot oil for about 4 mins, turning as necessary. Add the cubed chicken and brown for another 4-5 mins. Remove all the chicken from the pan and add the shrimp, peppers, celery, onions and garlic to the hot pan. Cook for 2-3 mins, stirring regularly. Season to taste and remove from the pan. Melt the butter in the hot pan and add the rice. Sauté it briefly and pour in 5 1/4 cups of the stock. Bring to a boil, add the drumsticks and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 25 mins.
- Add the cooked ingredients and remaining stock, stir, cover and cook for about 15 mins. Fold the tomatoes into the jambalaya, season it and remove it from the heat. Let rest, covered, for about 10 mins, then serve.