- 8 ounces ground beef
- 1 onions
- 1 scotch bonnet chile
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 Knorr® Beef flavored Bouillon Cube
- 1/4 cup plain dry bread crumb
- 1/2 cup water
- 14 ounces empanada discos (frozen, con color orange color, thawed)
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Cook first 4 ingredients in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat about 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add water, bread crumbs and Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon Cube and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed; let cool.
- Roll out discos slightly on a lightly floured surface. Spoon a scant 2 tablespoons beef mixture into center. Fold each in half, pressing out air bubbles. Moisten edges with water and seal tightly with a fork.
- Heat oil to 350°F in a deep medium skillet. Cook patties, a few at a time, about 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once; drain on paper towels.
Hill 5 months ago
subbed in yellow pepper since I couldn't find the Bonnet. No one had the dicos, so did what someone esle did and used Grands biscuits. Turned out great.
Joshua Long 7 months ago
i love these great for on the go. i use thai chilis and flattened grands biscuits, and they turn out perfect.
Kenyatta s. 3 years ago
I subbed habanero and serrano pepper. Also used hot Hungarian paprika n hot Mexican chili powder. Couldn't find empanada discs so i used grands . they came out great . they go good with homemade gravy