- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 yellow onion (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken stock (or vegetable stock for vegetarian option)
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 15 ounces kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 whole scotch bonnet chile (can substitute a whole habanero)
- lime (optional)
|Calories430Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Mdjé 31 Jul 2018
It was ok. I was looking for a different flavor though I probably won’t make it again, at least not this way. It’s missing some things, I believe.
Joe Russom 16 Jul 2018
Our favorite style of beans and rice. We love Caribbean cuisine
Adeola 30 Mar 2018
Perfect it’s now my daughter’s favorite dish
Jasmine 15 Apr 2017
Just mde it and was ok- i found it very thyme'y and i only put 1 tsp instead of the 2. I willmake this again but with no thyme and different other spices.
Ty L. 24 Dec 2016
Yum really good meal so happy I tried it can't wait to cook again for entire family with more spices!
Linda A. 25 Aug 2016
Turned out just like the recipe said. It was very good. I paired it with fried plantain. Next time I'd add a bit more spice to it
Gabby C. 12 Mar 2016
Amazing! It was simple to make but deliciously gourmet! I wouldn't change anything about it except add a bit of turmeric and fresh cilantro for added flavor. To each it's own!