- small white beans (cup Dried)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 pounds oxtails (Beef)
- 3 garlic cloves (peeled and crushed)
- 1 yellow onion (medium, peeled and diced)
- 1 medium tomatoes (diced)
- 2 cups beef stock (Canned)
- 2 cups water (approximately)
- 2 tablespoons ground allspice (Freshly, or to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Tabasco Pepper Sauce (to taste)
- Place beans in a small saucepan. Add 1 cup of the water, bring to a boil, covered, then turn off the heat. Allow to sit for 1 hour, covered, then drain.
- Brown the oxtails well in the oil. Place the oxtails in a 6-quart stove-top casserole. Add the garlic, onion and tomato. Add the beef stock and enough water so it just covers the contents of the pot. Add the allspice, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 3 1/2 hours, adding the drained beans after 1 1/2 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the lid during the last hour of cooking if you want a thicker sauce. Be careful the pot does not dry out. Season with salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1000Calories from Fat770|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat770|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Slow cooker Jamaican Beef StewImmaculate Bites
OxtailKnowing Full Well
Jamaican-Style Beef StewTaste of Home
Jamaican Beef Stew with RiceSerious Eats
Braised OxtailsCoop Can Cook
Jamaican Oxtail with Broad BeansAllRecipes
Oxtail BourguignonneBon Appétit
Jamaican Red Stripe Beef StewJamaicans.com
Glazed OxtailsSimply Recipes
Oxtail RaguThe Kitchn
Jamaican Style Jerk Beef StewCloset Cooking