- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings (Fresh)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion (Rough Chopped)
- 1/4 cup celery (Rough Chopped)
- 1/4 cup carrots (Rough Chop)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon jerk seasoning
- 1 cinnamon sticks (Each)
- 2 quarts water
- 2 cups hot sauce (I prefer Frank’s Red Hot Brand, but it’s up to you)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon jerk seasoning
- Place the Wings, Onion, Celery, Carrot, Garlic, Cinnamon Stick, and 1 Tablespoon of Jerk Seasoning in a large stock pot. Fill with water making sure that the wings are covered. Place Stock pot on stove over medium heat, and bring the wings to a simmer. Stir frequently so that your wings cook evenly. Skim any impurities from the surface of the water, and continue cooking until your wings are tender, and fully cooked. Remove from heat, strain, and reserve Chicken only as now the Mirepoix (Onion, Celery, and Carrots) can be discarded.
- Fire Up the grill* and allow to heat to normal grilling temperature.
- Start on the Sauce by adding Hot Sauce, Brown Sugar, and remaining jerk seasoning to a medium sauce pan. Place on stove over medium heat, and cook until volume is reduced by ½. Stir occasionally to prevent the sugar from burning to the bottom of your pan.
- Place your wings in a large mixing bowl, and pour ½ cup of Wing Sauce over the wings. Toss to coat evenly, and mark your wings on the grill. Continue to turn wings every couple of minutes to prevent the wings from burning. Your wings will get a little bit of char on them, but in small amounts this just adds to the beauty. When wings are grilled and looking as though they have good markings remove from the grill, and return to the mixing bowl. Pour remaining sauce over wings and toss once more. Reserve the wings in sauce until ready for service.
PER SERVING *
|Calories810Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.