- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (finely)
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Smucker’s Natural Strawberry Fruit Spread
- powdered sugar
- BEAT sugar and shortening in large bowl with mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and lemon zest; beating until well blended. Combine flour, hazelnuts, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in medium bowl. Gradually add to shortening mixture. Beat on low until smooth. Divide dough into 4 equal pieces. Wrap each one with plastic wrap. Freeze 30 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Roll 1/4 of dough between 2 sheets of lightly floured wax paper to 1/8-inch thickness. Remove top sheet of wax paper. Cut with floured 2-inch round scalloped cutter. Cut centers out of half of the cookies with 3/4 to 1-inch cutter. Place 2-inches apart on baking sheet.
- BAKE 6 to 7 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on baking sheet. Remove to cooling rack. Repeat with remaining dough. Spread about 1/2 teaspoon preserves on bottom side of each whole cookie. Sprinkle tops of center cut-out cookies with powdered sugar. Place on top of cookies with preserves.
|Calories100Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.