Rich butter cookies sandwich a layer of jam between them for this sweet and adorable dessert. The cookies feature ground hazelnuts for a nutty and bold flavor that perfectly complements the fruity jam. If hazelnuts aren't your thing, or you are out, simply swap them for almonds for a just as delicious treat. A dusting of powdered sugar beautifully contrasts the bright jam and gives these cookies an elegant look.
- 250 grams flour
- 30 grams hazelnut (powder)
- 1 egg
- 150 grams butter (cut into pieces)
- 20 grams brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 70 grams icing sugar
- In a bowl, add flour, hazelnut powder, sugar, a pinch of salt, and egg and mix gradually adding in butter. Once the dough forms a ball, stop kneading. Another option is placing all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulsing until the dough starts forming a ball. Cool for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface. Using cookie cutters, cut the dough into strips. Arrange the cookie dough on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Mix the egg yolk with a tablespoon of water and brush the cookies with this mixture. Cook about 5 to 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Spread a little bit of jam on half of the cookies and cover them with the remaining cookies. Sprinkle with icing sugar or serve as is.
- Vary the recipe by substituting the hazelnut powder with almond or walnut powder.
|Calories680Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.