Jacques Guenin Chocolate CakeOn dine chez Nanou
If you want to make a decadent and rich chocolate cake that can rival a well known chocolatier’s recipe, then try this Jacques Guenin Chocolate Cake. It takes 50 minutes to prepare and will guarantee to please the loved ones you choose to share it with. This sensational recipe combines all the things you love about fine chocolate and rich and moist cake. Everyone will love this divine dessert. Enjoy!
- 110 grams dark chocolate
- 110 grams butter
- 1 vanilla pods
- 4 egg whites
- 110 grams powdered sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 50 grams ground almonds
- 50 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- cream (25 cl.)
- chocolate chips (for decoration)
- 1Melt chocolate and butter in a water bath, or double boiler. Add inside of a scraped vanilla pod. Mix until smooth.
- 2Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 3Whip 4 egg-whites to a light mousse, add 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar, and continue beating.
- 4Add 3 egg yolks to the chocolate, remaining powdered sugar, ground almonds, flour, and baking powder. Mix with a wooden spoon (the preparation is fairly thick). Add 2 tablespoons of whisked egg whites, and mix to soften the preparation. Then add the remaining whites by lifting them gently into the mixture with a spatula.
- 5Pour into a soft silicone mold, and bake for about 13 minutes. Check if the cake is done by using the tip of a knife. Let cool before unmolding the cake.
- 6Whip 25 centiliters of single cream, then use it to decorate the cake when cold, adding chocolate chips.
PER SERVING *
|Calories460Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.