Pork lends itself to many flavors, but goes very well with fruit. Serve these sauced chops with spinach salad, green beans and corn muffins. Continue the berry flavor with fresh strawberries dipped in balsamic vinegar.
- 4 boneless pork chops (1-inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup raspberry juice (cran-)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Brush each chop lightly with olive oil and cook chops for 9-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned on both sides and internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time. Remove chops to a serving platter; keep warm.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Melt butter in skillet and stir in brown sugar mixture. Add juice and vinegar. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens. Stir in jam; cook and stir for 1 minute more. Spoon sauce over chops.