These Italian chicken roll-ups make for the perfect weeknight meal. Lean turkey breasts are stuffed with mozzarella cheese, ham, and basil for little parcels of flavor. As the turkey cooks, the cheese melts causing the ingredients to meld together perfectly for a delicious little bite.This recipe comes together in about 25 minutes, so you can easily enjoy this any day of the week. If you don't have turkey breasts, chicken makes a great substitute.
- 4 turkey cutlets
- 1 mozzarella (ball, chese)
- 4 slices parma ham
- 12 basil leaves
- olive oil
- ground black pepper
- Ask your butcher to flatten turkey breasts. If bought at the the supermarket, place a cutlet between two sheets of wax paper and flatten with a rolling pin. Do the same with remaining cutlets. This step is important: the cutlets should be very thin.
- Cut the mozzarella into thin slices.
- Lay the cutlets flat, salt and pepper (not too much salt because the ham is already salty).
- On each cutlet, place a slice of ham, two slices of mozzarella, and top off with 3 basil leaves.
- Roll the cutlets up tightly and make sure that the mozzarella does not overflow, if necessary cut off any excess.
- Add dash of olive oil to hot pan, then the turkey roll-ups with the seam side on the bottom.
- Brown on all sides, then lower the heat and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve hot, with a rocket salad dotted with dry toasted pine nuts.
PER SERVING *
|Calories660Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.