Bring the flavor of Italy to your family with this tasty dish. Serve with hot buttered pasta, garlic bread and fresh pears with a soft dessert cheese like brie.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 cup onions (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 38 ounces cannellini beans (rinsed & drained)
- 14 1/2 ounces italian style stewed tomatoes (undrained)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups fresh spinach (cleaned)
- Cut pork tenderloin into 8 pieces. Using the heel of your hand, flatten each piece to approximately 1/2-inch thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork medallions and cook 2 minutes per side, until nicely browned. Transfer pork to plate; cover and keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to skillet. Cook onion 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic and oregano; cook 1 minute. Stir in beans, tomatoes and vinegar. Bring to boil; simmer, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in spinach. Cook 1 minute or until spinach is just wilted.
- Divide bean mixture between 4 plates. Top each with 2 slices pork tenderloin. Serve immdediately.