- 3/4 pound ham (thinly sliced)
- 1 loaf french bread (OR Italian bread, about 14 inches long)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried basil (crushed)
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary (crushed)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Using long serrated knife, cut bread loaf in half lengthwise. Set top half aside. Using spoon, slightly hollow out bottom half, discarding bread scraps. Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella cheese over bottom half. Layer ham on top of cheese. Combine olive oil, basil, red wine vinegar, rosemary and pepper in small bowl. Drizzle over ham. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Cover with top bread half. Wrap in foil. Place sandwich on baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Serves 4 to 6.