Fresh ground pork is unseasoned and a great substitution for other ground meats in your favorite recipes.
- 1 pound ground pork (Lean)
- 2 eggs (Whisked)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella balls (About 12 To 15 Of Small Size)
- 28 ounces tomato sauce
- kosher salt
- cracked black pepper
- submarine buns
- In a large bowl combine the whisked eggs, garlic powder and red pepper flakes. Add the ground pork and breadcrumbs and mix together until evenly combined.
- Form the ground pork mixture into small meatballs, each the size of a golf ball.
- Insert a mozzarella ball in the center of each meatball, taking care to re-form the meatball around the cheese once it’s been added. (The cheese should not be visible.)
- Place the tomato sauce in the bottom of a slow cooker and add the meatballs on top.
- Turn the slow cooker on and cook over high heat for 6 hours or low heat for 8 hours. Carefully rotate the meatballs after half the cooking time to make sure they cook evenly.
- To serve, place three meatballs plus sauce in a submarine bun.