- 4 red bell pepper (or medium to large green)
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons mccormick perfect pinch italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Black Pepper (Ground)
- 2 cans tomato sauce (15 ounces each, divided)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut off tops of bell peppers. Remove seeds and membranes. Rinse bell peppers. If necessary, cut thin slice from bottom of each pepper so they stand upright. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef and onion in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat. Add rice, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper; mix until well blended.
- Pour 1 can of the tomato sauce into bottom of 9-inch square baking dish. Stuff peppers with beef mixture. Place stuffed peppers upright in baking dish. Pour remaining can tomato sauce over stuffed peppers. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until peppers are tender. Remove foil. Sprinkle stuffed peppers with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut stuffed peppers in half. Spoon sauce in dish over each half to serve.