- 4 red bell peppers (or medium to large green)
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons mccormick perfect pinch italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Black Pepper (Ground)
- 2 cans tomato sauce (15 ounces each, divided)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut off tops of bell peppers. Remove seeds and membranes. Rinse bell peppers. If necessary, cut thin slice from bottom of each pepper so they stand upright. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef and onion in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat. Add rice, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper; mix until well blended.
- Pour 1 can of the tomato sauce into bottom of 9-inch square baking dish. Stuff peppers with beef mixture. Place stuffed peppers upright in baking dish. Pour remaining can tomato sauce over stuffed peppers. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until peppers are tender. Remove foil. Sprinkle stuffed peppers with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut stuffed peppers in half. Spoon sauce in dish over each half to serve.
ShawnAbby Makayla'sNana 7 days ago
meh.. They were easy, but could have used more flavor
Madeline Danby 17 days ago
Easy to make and tasted good!
Stacey 19 days ago
I put more veggies in with the peppers and more cheese on top
Garcia 19 days ago
It turned out amazing . My husband loved them . definitely going to write this in my recipe book for sure . I added my own combo of seasoning ,I also put French style green beans in the meat mixture as well . added beef broth in with the tomato’s and also in the beef mixture . The only thing I didn’t have was foil lol , so I just cooked the peppers for 1 hour more , so total time was 1 1/2 hours and some change 😃👍🏽❤️ to cook .😄
Jon Lucas 24 days ago
i added mushroom stems, and tomatoes with it. turned out decent.
yolanda o. 11 Feb
It was delicious. Everyone enjoyed it. I will definitely make it again
Trey Munoz 8 Feb
I really liked this recipe. Instead of a pan I used a large muffin pan to hold the peppers upright. I will definately make it again.
dee c. 22 Jan
I did dirty rice instead of regular rice just for the kick! DELICIOUS
Patty Ritter 21 Jan
Turned out great. I halfed the recipe without difficulty.
Tammy 20 Jan
Turned out great. Used ground turkey and yellow and orange peppers. Added parsley, minced garlic and sauce to meat mixture.
Chanda Greenlee 31 Dec 2018
Family LOVED them. I used turkey and ground beef... sooo good.
jaime Puente 24 Dec 2018
Although i did change a couple of the ingredients it was amazing
MommyNifemi 11 Dec 2018
They were Delicious my family loved it :) I used a little cilantro because I love the taste :)
Christi Campbell 1 Dec 2018
Very yum! Great flavor and easy to make!
Donna Marie 29 Nov 2018
It was alright and would serve to guests; however, itdoes need something...i’ll figure it out but right now i’m too full to think about food. Thanks for the recipe!
Sean Senior 22 Nov 2018
really good and tasty thank you
Farrah G. 31 Oct 2018
It turned out great,.
Lynn Milicevic 10 Sep 2018
Needs more spice and sauce. I’ve had better recipes.
amber 9 Sep 2018
Awesome! Super yummy!
Mapes 22 Aug 2018
My whole family loved it! This dish will be a regular in our house.
Jamille 28 Jul 2018
We love this recipe! I deviate from the recipe slightly. I add a pound of Italian sausage and only use 1 pound of ground beef. I also make about 6 to 8 Bell peppers because I love being able to take one to work the next day for lunch. My four-year-old and six-year-old normally won’t eat the bell pepper but the mixture inside is what they love. This is normally a Sunday dinner.
Hello Natalie 17 Jul 2018
It turned out great!
Brandi Hosbein 9 Jul 2018
Needed a little more spice bit other than that it was great!!
Jaynes 25 Jun 2018
Awesome!!!! Will be a regular
Lisa 24 Jun 2018
loved it! Very delicious!
alice 2 Jun 2018
very good, i will definitly do it again
Dallas Franklin 15 May 2018
Perfect! Made more filling that I had peppers, but I’m literally going to the store as we speak to get more peppers!
Rick 12 May 2018
Really good but could use a binder like an egg or something! We also added fresh oregano, Italian parsley and thyme along with minced garlic. . We didn’t have mozzarella so added Parmesan, I think the mozzarella would have helped. We’ll do this again!
Kerry Malczewski 11 May 2018
It was prettt good...didnt like the italian spice too much so if i make it again ill use a different seasoning.
Packer 20 Apr 2018
Tasted very good. I added a little sauce and shredded Parmesan cheese and dried parsley to meat mixture for added flavor. Cooked it a little longer than recipe said to make sure peppers were softer.