- 4 red bell peppers (or medium to large green)
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons mccormick perfect pinch italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Black Pepper (Ground)
- 2 cans tomato sauce (15 ounces each, divided)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut off tops of bell peppers. Remove seeds and membranes. Rinse bell peppers. If necessary, cut thin slice from bottom of each pepper so they stand upright. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef and onion in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat. Add rice, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper; mix until well blended.
- Pour 1 can of the tomato sauce into bottom of 9-inch square baking dish. Stuff peppers with beef mixture. Place stuffed peppers upright in baking dish. Pour remaining can tomato sauce over stuffed peppers. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until peppers are tender. Remove foil. Sprinkle stuffed peppers with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut stuffed peppers in half. Spoon sauce in dish over each half to serve.
Jamille 19 days ago
We love this recipe! I deviate from the recipe slightly. I add a pound of Italian sausage and only use 1 pound of ground beef. I also make about 6 to 8 Bell peppers because I love being able to take one to work the next day for lunch. My four-year-old and six-year-old normally won’t eat the bell pepper but the mixture inside is what they love. This is normally a Sunday dinner.
Hello Natalie 30 days ago
It turned out great!
Brandi Hosbein 9 Jul
Needed a little more spice bit other than that it was great!!
Jaynes 25 Jun
Awesome!!!! Will be a regular
Lisa 24 Jun
loved it! Very delicious!
alice 2 Jun
very good, i will definitly do it again
Dallas Franklin 15 May
Perfect! Made more filling that I had peppers, but I’m literally going to the store as we speak to get more peppers!
Rick 12 May
Really good but could use a binder like an egg or something! We also added fresh oregano, Italian parsley and thyme along with minced garlic. . We didn’t have mozzarella so added Parmesan, I think the mozzarella would have helped. We’ll do this again!
Kerry Malczewski 11 May
It was prettt good...didnt like the italian spice too much so if i make it again ill use a different seasoning.
Packer 20 Apr
Tasted very good. I added a little sauce and shredded Parmesan cheese and dried parsley to meat mixture for added flavor. Cooked it a little longer than recipe said to make sure peppers were softer.
Ron E. 15 Apr
Excellent recipe. I would make this again.
Katy 10 Apr
very good! tried it with ground turkey and my husband really like it!
Kathy P. 8 Apr
This was excellent & had a great flavor! My husband who doesn’t say if he notices a change but today he asked if this was a new recipe & raved on how good it was!
Tilley T. 20 Mar
I used yellow and orange bell peppers and ground browned turkey
Jennifer W. 6 Mar
Great! I made it to serve 5 and just added more meat and rice. I had extra to spare. I didn’t have a second can of sauce so I added diced tomatoes and paste. Yum!
Sharon 26 Feb
Great! Second time I made it my husband asked if it was hard to make. I said couldn’t be easier, maybe he will make it next
Kathy 11 Feb
No flavor would not suggest this
Ryan Hammitt 11 Feb
One of our favorite recipes. Easy and cheap with a lot of flavor.
Jacquline B. 30 Jan
This turned out really good great flavor! Will Jake again!
Jesnnette Smith 15 Oct 2017
It turned out wonderful! I add mozzarella cheese between the stuff mixture and cut around stem to make it a top. I cannot day enough about this except we have added another recipe to our dinner menus the the stem
Crystina Hysell 12 Oct 2017
Had to many peppers for the amount of meat mix, so I topped mine off with extra rice before putting the second round of sauce on, and instead of using store bought sauce I used my homemade spaghetti sauce I canned fresh this year from my garden. Served with a side of baked pierogis.
Shawny Marie 25 Sep 2017
I think this recipe was delicious and easy. I added more Italian season to my taste of course. But it was an easy clean and the family loved it!
Corey Tilson 18 Sep 2017
Turned out great. Used two ginormous peppers for me and my wife. Used marinara sauce instead of plain tomato sauce.
Hi Danny 3 Sep 2017
Turned out great! I used fresh tomatoes instead of canned sauce and tossed them with Italian seasonings and olive oil!
Kelsey Billingsley B. 6 Jun 2017
Great! I'll make it again
Tim D. 5 Jun 2017
Peppers were a little bland. Next time will add some sauce, more spice, and Parmesan to the mixture.
Amie L. 22 Feb 2017
These stuffed peppers were very easy to make but pretty bland. The sauce could be replaced by something with more flavor to help solve that problem. Also I would recommend green peppers rather than red.
Ryan 8 Dec 2016
Amazing! I used garlic pepper instead of garlic powder and only used one can of tomato sauce but it still came out Yummly. One of my favorite dishes by far!
Amy P. 24 Aug 2016
One of my family's favorite dinners. Have made it with ground beef, ground turkey & ground sausage. Tastes best with Carolina yellow rice