- 400 grams plain flour
- 6 egg yolks
- 4 medium eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 200 grams butter (softened + 1 tblsp)
- 75 grams pine nuts
- 1 onion (medium, finely diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 450 grams frozen spinach (thawed)
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 300 grams ricotta
- 50 grams parmesan (grated)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Mix flour, 2 eggs, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 cup butter and 2-3 tbsp water. Knead until smooth then wrap in plastic wrap and chill for about 30 mins.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a frying pan and sweat onion and garlic until soft. Add spinach and cook for 2 mins over low heat.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 10 inch cake pan with parchment paper. Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and roll 2/3 into 13 inch disc. Transfer to prepared pan and press up edges to around 1 1/2 inch. Prick dough several times with a fork and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Mix pine nuts with 2 eggs, spinach mixture, ricotta and Parmesan. Season and add nutmeg then transfer to pan. Make 6 wells in the filling and place 1 egg yolk in each. Roll remaining dough into an 11 inch lid and place on top. Cut off excess dough, firm edges, cut a hole in the center, brush with milk and bake for 30-40 mins until golden brown. Brush with milk again and return to oven for 20 mins. Remove and allow to cool slightly before cutting. Serve with pine nuts.
|Calories410Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.