- 19 ounces hot Italian sausage (or mild, pork or turkey, removed from casings)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onion (chopped, 1 medium)
- 1 1/3 cups carrots (chopped, 3 medium)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 5 cups beef broth (low-sodium)
- 29 ounces diced tomatoes (I used one petite cut, one regular)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- freshly ground black pepper
- 9 ounces cheese tortellini (refrigerated three)
- 2 cups kale (packed chopped, thick ribs removed)
- shredded parmesan cheese (Finely, for serving, optional)
PER SERVING *
|Calories570Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Geoff P. 18 hours ago
Love it although I sub spinach for kale
Debbie 3 Oct
Easy, filling. Only had chicken andouille sausage. Would have been better with Italian spicy sausage.
Matt 19 Sep
We used farfalle instead of tortellini in order to eliminate dairy
Janice Vega 12 Jul
So easy and so so good! Making it again tonight
Sonia Callejas 25 May
Fabulous! Needed some crusty bread to go with it and would have been perfect
Karen Wend-Lebert 24 Mar
Very good. I hearty soup that fills you up. I would make this recipe again.
Amy Aragon 7 Jan
So good! I would make it again.
kim 17 Dec 2017
Great! All kids and husband loved it
Wendy Whitaker 10 Dec 2017
Great! Everyone loves it.
Theodoris Y. 1 Nov 2017
It was delicious I didn’t use hot sausage but mild. I also added canned white beans and canned pinto beans to the soups. We also had French bread
Tina Monger McConnell 21 Mar 2017
delicious. whole family enjoyed it. the cooking process isn't too pleasing to the eye. but taste is really good.
Dustin P. 19 Feb 2017
Wonderful! We've made it 2x and is definitely one of my favorite soups. I've been using Italian seasoning, but will give fresh herbs a try, next time.
Sharita T. 2 Feb 2017
Quick and easy meal to make. My family enjoyed it. Next time I'll double up so we can have leftovers.
Katie Sagnor 29 Jan 2017
This was so delicious and easy to make! I did everything exactly as it said except I used already minced garlic instead of fresh cloves.
Aretha Martin 28 Jan 2017
Best soup!!!! Made it with 2 cans of 14.5 ounces each fire-roasted tomatoes. The broth this soup makes is out of this world. Will be making again and again this winter.
Clifford Y. 22 Jan 2017
I made this with sweet Italian sausage. This is probably my favorite soup of all time--simply incredible!!!
Rose H. 18 Jan 2017
the soup tastes great. It was easy to make and I felt it was very healthy to eat, besides my family loved it
Michael Betts 7 Jan 2017
Turned out great, maybe next time ill sub out the spicy sausage for those that don't like spicy food
Kara M. 30 Dec 2016
Wonderful, hearty soup that my family devoured! Made no changes as we found it was perfect as is! Will definitely be making this again!