- 1 pound italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups zucchini (cubed)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (diced)
- 8 ounces rotini
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (part skim)
- 2 tablespoons dried herbs (basil, sage, parsely)
- parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- Cut sausage diagonally into 1-inch pieces and cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, turning to cook and brown evenly, about 10 to 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and add zucchini and red pepper. Cook over medium heat until tender but still crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
- Cook the rotini according to the directions on the package. Drain and reserve 1 cup cooking water. Add pasta to skillet and stir in ricotta. Add 1/2 cup pasta water and stir until creamy. Stir in sausage. Add more water if mixture is too dry.
- Sprinkle with herbs and Parmesan cheese.
Cassie 4 May
Amazing. I didn't have ricotta, so i used feta instead and it was still grand.