- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20 ounces hot Italian sausages (or sweet, about 5 links)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 sweet onion (large yellow, sliced)
- 1 red bell peppers (seeded and sliced)
- 1 green bell peppers (seeded and sliced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil (or 1 tablespoon fresh basil)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (or white cooking wine)
- 1 diced tomatoes (14 ounce, drained)
- red pepper (optional, see note)
PER SERVING *
|Calories400Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Laura Kurtz 6 Nov
It was good and easy to follow, but I think next time I would up the spices (even more than I did this time)
Brenda S. 4 Nov
Delicious and so very easy to make. The whole family loved it
Jessica 24 Sep
It tastes pretty good. I didn't use hot Italian sausage, because I didn't have it on hand. And I think next time I will for a little added kick. Put it with some white rice. Delicious!
Rachel M. 21 Sep
Great! Lots of flavor and hit the spot for dinner tonight.
Ben Toth 10 Jul
i just made this while looking for something relatively cheap and healthy. I ended up serving it over Angel hair pasta and it was amazing.
Enlighten Me 3 Jun
Big hit with the family! I happened to have zucchini so added that also. I served it right on top of some Texas toast with a salad on the side. YUMMY! 😄 My phone only showed 4 stars for some reason but it's a 5 star for my family!
Val T. 22 May
It was great!! The family loved it.
Margie P. 5 May
Loved it. Added some Marsala and liked it so much we made it again two days later. My first time with sausage and peppers and I’m a fan.
Hank H. 26 Mar
Good flavor, not enough sausage for the amount of peppers in it though. I’ll do half as much next time.
Tamara H. 24 Mar
Fantastic. I serve this up with rice. Everyone loved it.
Amber B. 4 Mar
Delicious!! It’s my second time making it now!
Sharon Jelinek 14 Feb
Very good! I would make it again.