- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 10 tablespoons butter (cold, diced)
- 1 egg
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons amaretto (almond liqueur)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (whipped)
- powdered sugar (for dusting)
- For the crust, sift flour, powdered sugar, baking powder and a pinch of salt into bowl of food processor. Add butter and pulse until a breadcrumb-like consistency. With motor running, add egg and process until dough forms a ball.
- Remove from processor and separate 1/3 of the dough. Flatten each into a disc and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper. On a lightly floured work surface, using a floured rolling pin, roll larger disc of pastry out to a 13-inch round. Roll pastry onto rolling pin, brush off excess flour and lay, floured-side up, in prepared pan. Press into bottom and sides so that pastry comes right to top of pan.
- Roll out remaining pastry on a floured surface to a 9 1/2-inch round. Refrigerate springform pan and pastry round until ready to fill.
- Beat cream cheese and ricotta cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in egg yolks one at a time, alternating with 3/4 cup of the granulated sugar. Add amaretto and vanilla and beat until combined. Beat in flour and cinnamon.
- Beat egg whites in a separate bowl with clean beaters until stiff peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar. Beat until thick and glossy. Fold whipped cream into cheese mixture until almost combined. Gently fold in egg white mixture.
- Pour filling into crust. Place pastry round on top of cheese filling. Press against sides to seal pastry together. Trim excess pastry with small knife and roll inwards, away from edge of pan.
- Bake for 10 mins. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake for 50 mins, or until lightly golden. Turn off oven and leave cheesecake in oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Invert cheesecake onto a serving platter so that the top becomes the bottom. Refrigerate until chilled. Dust with powdered sugar.
PER SERVING *
|Calories430Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.