This pork sandwich is a take on the Windy City’s favorite—Italian beef. As it cooks, this pork roast sends tantalizing aromas. If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, this keeps well in the refrigerator for 3 days; frozen for 2 months.
- 3 1/2 pounds pork sirloin roast
- 16 ounces Giadiniera (Italian, pickled vegetables, hot or mild, drained)
- 16 ounces pepperoncini (pickled peppers)
- 1 ounce italian salad dressing mix
- 14 1/2 ounces beef broth
- 8 sandwich buns
- Place pork in a 3 1/2-4-quart slow cooker. Mix together all other ingredients except buns and pour over pork. Cover and cook on Low for 10-12 hours. Remove pork from slow cooker; roast should easily fall apart but slice if necessary for sandwiches (it should fall apart). Serve pepperoncini and giardiniera alongside sandwiches.