Great with leftover pork roast instead of stir-frying pork strips. Make sure if younger cooks are helping to have an adult use the broiler.
- 1 pound boneless pork roast (sliced into stir-fry strips*)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (non-fat)
- 4 submarine rolls (6-inch, split)
- 2/3 cup pesto
- 2 whole roasted red peppers (drained and halved)
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese (part-skim)
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add pork strips to pan and brown nicely, stir-frying, remove from heat.
- While pork cooks, spread mayonnaise on bottom half of rolls; spread pesto on top half of rolls. Broil briefly just to lightly brown. Divide pork strips onto four roll halves, top with pepper pieces and a slice of cheese. Broil just until cheese is bubbly. Top with remaining half of rolls.
James Riggs 13 Sep
They turned out great, the whole family lived them! Next time I will experiment with more sauce though.