- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion (small, finely chopped)
- 4 ounces mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 23 ounces RAGÚ Homestyle Thick & Hearty Traditional Sauce (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound ground beef (80% lean)
- 1/2 pound mild Italian sausage (bulk)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Italian blend shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil and onions in medium skillet on medium heat; cook 2-3 min. or until onions begin to soften. Add mushrooms; cook 5-7 min. or until liquid is evaporated and onions begin to brown. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds or until fragrant, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Stir 1 cup sauce and salt into skillet with onions. Combine sauce mixture, meats, egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan and parsley in large bowl.
- Shape mixture into 9x5 inch loaf; place on rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Bake 1 hour 15 min. or until done (165°F), topping with additional ½ cup sauce and shredded cheese during the last 15 min. of baking. Let stand 5-10 min. before slicing and serving with remaining sauce.