I really like this. It's a classic, simple but delish recipe. And for me, turns out just great. The recipe came from McCormick.com. This comes from the McCormick.com web site, so feel free to change and add items to your taste and texture of this recipe.
- 2 lb. ground beef (I like to use organic)
- 1/2 cup italian style bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (keep the two divided)
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. onion (power, I use real onions, about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (I use 1/2 tsp minced garlic)
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt (I usually skip salt, If using garlic salt, skip the salt here)
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix ground beef, bread crumbs, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, egg, 2 teaspoons of the Italian seasoning powder and remaining seasonings in a large bowl.
- Shape into a loaf on shallow baking pan. Mix tomato sauce and remaining 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning. Pour over top.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until meat loaf is cooked through. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Nutrition information (Amount per serving) Calories: 263 Cholesterol: 99mg Sodium: 532mg Protein: 24g Total Fat: 15g Fiber: 1g Carbohydrate: 8g
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories320Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes