Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Crumble beef; cook until lightly browned. Stir in onion. Cook until onion is tender. Drain off fat. Stir in seasonings, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. In another bowl, blend eggs with ricotta cheese.
- In each pan, spread a layer of meat mixture (about 3/4 cup). Add a layer each of noodles (2 1/4), meat mixture (about 3/4 cup), ricotta cheese mixture (about 3/4 cup), mozzarella cheese (1/3 cup), and parmesan cheese (1 1/2 tablespoons). Repeat layers until all ingredients are used. Pack food tightly to avoid air pockets.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. (hot). Bake 30 minutes or until sauce bubbles at edges.
- This recipe is for 24 servings (about 2 1/2 by 4 inches). Directions are given for dividing the prepared food into four parts of six servings each. One part may be completely cooked and served at the time of preparation. The remaining parts may be frozen. To freeze, cool for 30 minutes at room temperature. Complete wrapping by pulling paper up over top of food. Put edges of wrap together and fold several times so paper lies directly on top of food. Fold ends of freezer wrap over the top and seal with freezer tape. Label with name of food, date of freezing, and last date the food should be used for best eating quality (about 6 months). Freeze for 10-12 hours before removing packages from the pans. To reheat, Preheat oven to 400 F. (hot). Remove freezer wrap. Place food in baking pan. Bake 1 1/4 hours or until sauce bubbles at edges and center is hot.
|Calories1060Calories from Fat540|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat540|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.