Complete this soup with warmed Italian bread and salad of mixed greens.
- 2 boneless pork chops (cubed)
- 15 ounces chopped tomatoes (undrained)
- 29 ounces chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 15 ounces cannellini beans (OR great Northern beans, drained and rinsed)
- 8 ounces fresh spinach leaves (torn)
- In a deep saucepan, brown the pork in a little oil; add all ingredients except spinach; bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes; stir in torn spinach and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Optional serving suggestion - top with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese just before serving.
Laura Corcoran 4 days ago
Oh sweet mother of ..... this is the BEST soup I have made to date from the yummly app. Super simple and of meager ingredients. I doubled the recipe and used just a shy over 2 lbs of pork loin. I didn't have the dried minced onion so I subsituted minced red onion. 6 adults have 3 bowls each and just a tad was left over. Yum, stupendous, mmm-marvilous! Don't forget the cheese at the table. Its certainly sets it worlds apart!