- 2 romaine lettuce (hearts, roughly chopped)
- 3 roma tomatoes (halved)
- 1 purple onion (small, peeled and quartered)
- 1 green bell pepper (seeded and quartered)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese (ball, frozen)
- 6 ounces hard salami (or pepperoni)
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans (drained)
- 6 1/2 ounces marinated artichoke hearts (drained)
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Attach the KitchenAid Food Processor Attachment with the dicing disc and blade to the stand mixer. Add the chopped lettuce to a large bowl then place the bowl beneath the food processor attachment. Turn the stand mixer to speed 4 then add the tomatoes, onions and bell peppers through the feed tube. Increase the speed to 10 then add the salami and mozzarella to the feed tube.
- Add the garbanzo beans, marinated artichoke hearts and sliced black olives to the bowl and toss together with the Red Wine Vinaigrette (recipe follows).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, minced garlic, dried oregano, sugar and olive oil until combined. Taste and season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.