- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes (diced)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts (about 1/3 lb each, butterflied)
- 4 slices pancetta
- 4 sprigs fresh basil (a little reserved for garnish, remaining leaves removed from stems)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion (peeled and finely diced)
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 1 pound chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 pinch sugar
- sourdough bread (to serve)
- To make the pesto filling, toast the pine nuts in a pan until golden. Remove from the heat. Place in a blender along with the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and olive oil and purée. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Lay the chicken breasts side by side on a work surface and season with salt and black pepper. Spread them with the pine-nut purée, then lay a pancetta slice on top of each. Scatter the basil leaves, roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan and sauté the chicken rolls, turning, until browned. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels. Add the onion to the pan and sauté until softened. Add the Italian herbs and tomato purée and cook for 1 min. Add the chopped tomatoes and stock and bring to a boil. Season with salt, black pepper, the pinch of paprika and the pinch of sugar. Add the chicken rolls and cook over medium heat for 10 mins. Arrange on plates and garnish with reserved basil. Serve with sourdough bread.
PER SERVING *
|Calories510Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.