The classic chicken casserole gets an Italian makeover when fresh herbs and tomato sauce meet boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- 1 cup Tyson® Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (Tyson®, cubed)
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2/3 onion (diced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz.)
- 1 1/4 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup parsley (fresh, chopped)
- 1 kosher salt (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 3 Tbsp. butter (divided)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 8x8x2 inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Bring medium sized pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, add pasta and follow pasta instructions. When tender, drain pasta and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes. Add onions and garlic, stirring to combine, and cook until the onions are soft and the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Combine chicken mixture with the cooked pasta in large bowl. Add canned tomatoes with juice, mozzarella cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix gently until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Place mixture in prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl mix together bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle on top of pasta. Dot the top with slices of butter. Bake until top is gold brown, about 30 minutes.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories470Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes