Italian Carnival Cake with Ricotta FillingL'Antro dell'Alchimista
Fresh orange zest, rich ricotta cheese filling, decadent chocolate, and a splash of sweet wine make for the perfect ending to any Italian inspired entrée. Beating the eggs and sugar will keep this cake light and fluffy while the orange zest and chocolate drops will bring a refreshing and sweet tang to this unique cake. Bake for 45 minutes, cool, and frost with sweet and savory ricotta filling. In under an hour and half, you will have a cake that tastes as beautiful as it looks!
- 180 grams sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250 grams flour (sieved)
- 1 orange
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 180 grams powdered sugar
- 250 grams ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons wine (sweet)
- chocolate (drops)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Beat the egg with the sugar until light and frothy.
- 3Add the flour, orange zest, orange juice, milk, oil, salt, baking powder, and vanilla. Beat all the ingredients until smooth.
- 4Grease a rectangular baking sheet.
- 5Pour in the mixture and cook for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6Allow to cool.
- 7In a bowl, mix the powdered sugar and cheese.
- 8Add the wine and chocolate drops. Mixture should appear thick and frothy.
- 9 Cut the cake in half, spread one half with the ricotta filling and place the remaining half on top.
- 10Sprinkle generously with remaining powdered sugar.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1020Calories from Fat350|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat350|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.