Don't tell your family that it is a meal with leftovers. Wait to add the bread cubes until the last minute so they won't be soggy.
- 2 cups pork tenderloin (cooked, cubed, about 3/4 pound)
- 2 French baguette (small, about 3 oz. each, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, about 6 cups)
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1/3 cup cucumber (peeled, seeded and chopped)
- 3 tablespoons red onion (minced)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- black pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- Toast bread cubes on baking sheet in 450 degrees F. oven until toasted, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in large shallow serving bowl, toss together tomatoes and juice with pork, cucumber and onion. In small bowl, combine oil, basil, vinegar, garlic and salt & pepper. Toss dressing with pork mixture; add toasted bread cubes and sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.