Italian Bread AppetizerJIMANTHONY63027
Italian Bread Appetizer-is a delicious recipe for a great stuffed bread appetizer that would fit in well for the fall and winter holiday season. It is made with a frozen bread dough, stuffed with Genoa salami, Provolone cheese, olives, green onions and chopped garlic. Total time from start to finish is about (1 hour-30 Minutes). It is also a heart-healthy and WeightWatchers (4) PointsPlus recipe. Makes 16 Servings. Source: http://ww-recipes.org/2014/12/31/italian-bread-appetizer/
- Stir together butter and garlic in bowl. Roll out bread dough on a lightly floured surface into a 12-inch square. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet; brush with butter mixture.
- Layer salami, cheese, olives and onions in in a 3-inch strip down center of dough to within 1/2-inch of top and bottom, leaving 4-1/2 inches of dough on each side of filling.
- Cut twelve 3-inch long strips, 1-inch apart, along both sides of filling. Fold strips across filling at an angle, alternating sides to give a braided effect. Pinch dough at bottom and top to seal.
- Cover; let rise in a warm place 30-45 minutes or until almost double in size. Combine egg and water in a bowl; brush over braid. Sprinkle with poppy seed, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Bake 25-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheet; cool 10 minutes. Cut into 16 equally sized slices.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories70Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.