There’s nothing more tempting than thick, chocolate satisfaction with a smooth, luxurious texture over an Amaretti cookie pie crust. Rich, velvety dark and milk chocolate are blended with smooth butter solidified by cream creates a moist chocolate filling. Cutting the butter into small chunks and adding slowly makes a glossy ganache. Unlike a normal pie crust, the crumbled Amaretti cookies are slightly bitter and have a drier texture, balancing the sweetness of the chocolate.
- 250 grams Amaretti Cookies (Italian almond biscuits)
- 100 grams melted butter
- 200 grams cream (liquid, 35% fat mini)
- 230 grams chocolate (Pralinoise)
- 30 grams dark chocolate
- 25 grams unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Crush the amaretti into a thick powder, and mix with melted butter with a fork .
- Line the bottom and sides of a pie plate with the amaretti butter.
- Press with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for about 5 minutes until golden.
- Let cool.
- Boil the cream in a saucepan .
- Add the chocolates cut into small pieces.
- Wait for 2 to 3 minutes before stirring to obtain a homogeneous ganache.
- Add the butter in small pieces and mix gently.
- Cover the amaretti with this ganache.
- Let cool to room temperature, and then refrigerate.
- You may freeze it for one hour for easier unmolding
|Calories390Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.