- 1/4 cup flour (TJ's Unbleached All-Purpose)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (TJ's, plus more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (TJ's, plus more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (TJ's Extra Virgin California, plus more if needed)
- 1 1/2 pounds stew meat (TJ's All Natural)
- 1 yellow onion (TJ’s, sliced into 1-inch pieces)
- 6 cloves garlic (TJ’s Premium Peeled, minced)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (TJ's)
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme (dried TJ's French, plus more to taste)
- 2 cups beef broth (TJ's Organic, or more if needed)
- 1 1/2 cups porter
- 2 cups carrots (sliced, about 8 carrots TJ's, Many Colors, sliced 1/4-inch thick)
- 3 cups gold potatoes (about 3 medium potatoes 1 inch-cubed TJ's)
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley (chopped TJ’s)
|Calories560Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Norma M. 18 Jan
Great flavor, used a Guinness for the beer, added fresh mushrooms because we love them. While it was baking in the oven the house smelled so good. Hubby loved it! Could definitely be on a monthly rotation.
Morrissey 26 Jun 2018
This is a good recipe. I left out the beer because I didnt have any but it was still tasty. With the beer, maybe it would have had more depth of flavor but still worth making.
Dan C. 23 Feb 2018
Got a “402 page missing” error when I clicked “Directions” so, With the listed ingredients I made a roux, fried the beef cubes & onions, assembled & cooked on low for 3 hrs. Yummy but a little wet for a stew. More soup-ish. I used Zoe’s chili olive oil to give it a bit of a kick. Used Good quality porter from Tuque de Broue in Embrun, Ontario, which gave it great depth.