Finding the perfect dinner when you are craving a decadent dish that will be hearty and healthy is sometimes hard to find. This dish for Irish Soda Bread is sweet, savory and hearty. Be sure to pick up these ingredients the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your family and friends with a delicious dinner this week. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as we do.
- 480 grams whole wheat flour
- 10 grams salt
- 1 packet dry yeast
- 450 milliliters buttermilk
- sunflower seeds (optional)
- poppy seeds (optional)
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250°C (approximately 480°F).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Shape dough into a ball and place in a prepared cake pan or baking sheet.
- With a knife, make a shallow cut across surface (or two shallow cuts to form a cross for round bread).
- Bake in preheated oven at 210°C (approximately 400°F) for 35-40 minutes.
- If baking bread in a pan, remove from pan after 20 minutes and bake for 15-20 additional minutes.
- Cool on a rack.