- 1 ounce cornstarch
- 30 milk (fl ozs)
- 2 eggs
- fat (A little)
- vanilla extract (A little)
- 1 powdered sugar
- 3 ounces bread crumbs
- Mix the cornstarch with a little of the milk to a smooth paste.
- Bring the rest of the milk to the boil and stir gently into the cornstarch and boil for 10 mins, stirring all the time.
- Add the vanilla extract and sugar and pour into a shallow flat tin or dish.
- When quite cold cut into oblong slices, dip in beaten egg, roll in breadcrumbs and fry a golden brown in a little hot fat.
- Salt, pepper and grated cheese can be used instead.